Group G Highlight for the 2nd group matches
Here is the group standing so far.
With both Belgium and England show a good performance, looks like these 2nd match will settle the standing for group G, and both Belgium and England will book their ticket to the next stage.
Belgium vs Tunisia
Pre-match commentary and tipping
- Against Tunisia, Belgium will be unstoppable. Their attacking power will surely overpower Tunisia defence. I will expect a similar situation to when Belgium met Panama when Lukaku is really doing some damages to the opponent.
- Belgium should fasten their speed to be in the zone. Panama can hold them the full halftime before finally surrendering.
- Tunisia is unlikely to give too much problem to Belgium defence.
- Care needs to be exercised for Belgium as they have received 3 yellow cards from Panama matches. Getting another card would mean not available for Top 16 match.
- Belgium 3, Tunisia 0.
- As expected, Belgium just too strong, sending Tunisia home with 5-2.
- Leading 2-0 first, Belgium conceded a goal at 18′. But rectified with another 2 goals before Tunisia have their consolation goal at 90’+3
- Eden Hazard started very early at 6′ to convert a penalty kick to a goal. He was tackled hard on the border of the penalty box.
- At 16′, a brilliant pass from Dries Mertens landed at Romelu Lukaku possession who drove it to become a goal. What a sharp scorer!
- The Captain of Tunisia Wahbi Khazri made an accurate free kick to cross to the head of Dylan Bronn. Good goal.
- Then the second goal from Romelu. A beautiful teamwork and coordination from Thomas Meunier seeing Lukaku scoring again at 45+3. 3-1 at halftime.
- Just 6 minutes after the restart, Eden Hazard is on it again. Getting an unbelievably accurate pass from Toby Alderweirld who was almost 1/2 a field from him, Hazard sprint to make a fast counter-attack goal. Brilliant!
- Batsuavi finished Belgium goal-ing at 90′ with an easy goal. Looks like the defender already gave up.
- The captain of Tunisia then got a goal on his record at 90’+3 from a crossing past in front of the goal post.
- Belgium was clearly on a different level of playing field, but at least Tunisia put a quite good fight.
England vs Panama
Pre-match commentary and tipping
- England is also in form. The momentum is building up and the team morale is high that they will make a splash in this tournament.
- Panama fought a good match against Belgium but Panama just got overwhelmed. With very determined England, Panama will also get a bit of masterclass teaching from the Three Lions.
- Expect a bit of physical matches as Panama has proven that they can get 5 yellow cards in single match (against Belgium)
- England 3, Panama 0.
- Panama was just overwhelmed and humbled by England. Not the game you want to see in the world cup. It was just a masterclass from England to the new kids on the block, Panama.
- Sorry, not much to write -no disrespect to English team – but Panama was really not their match. Total domination.
- The only “funny” thing is Harry Kane scored the 5th goal without even intended to do it. He wasn’t even aware of it. “Oh, goal, yay! Oh, I did that? Wierd…”
|# of Tips||Correct Tip||Correct Score||Percentage|
Group G After 2nd Match
Here is the final group standing as expected. Belgium and England deliver the expectation and made the position in the group are as simplest as ever. Only in Group G.
So, the last matches in the group G would be very boring. England and Belgium just negotiate who want to top group G who want to be second. While Tunisia and Panama is simply just consolation game!