Group E Highlight: the home of Brazil. Half of the group has done their 1st match, Group E,F,G and H are next. But first this one:
Group E Highlight
Serbia vs Costa Rica
- Serbia was a quite a player in the past as either Yugoslavia, Serbia Montenegro or as their own name now. 1930 and 1962 were the year where they got into the semi-finals. But that’s the problem, it was in the past.
- Riddle with internal conflict within the management of Serbian football, Serbia saw their coach Slavoljub Muslin sacked over team selection.
- Only appearing 5 times so far in a world cup, Costa Rica stunt the world when they rich quarterfinals in 2014.
- Under pressure to perform similar result.
It will be a tight match. But Serbia will have some edge and win 2-1.
- As predicted, the match was tight. With 50-50 ball possession, the tempo was not that fast. Serbia was a bit on the edge at the match, but only at 2nd half Aleksander Kolarov, the captain, produce a good free kick that converted to a goal.
- Costa Rica’s defence was solid. Otherwise few more goals were very possible.
Brazil vs Switzerland
Brazil will win. The question is by how many goal. Let us see how defensive Switzerland is. Brazil 3 – Switzerland 0.
- Brazil was indeed slightly dominating the ball possession 52-48 throughout the match. A lot of beautiful short passes ala Brazil, but only 1 goal from Phillipe Coutinho at 20′ was produced.
- Switzerland committed to fighting Brazil, the tournament favourites, with all they have. And a header from Zuber did the equalizer on 50′.
- But Brazil just maintains tempo and did not seems to be too determined to win. Why? Because of German
- In my theory, Brasil expects German to make a recovery. If they will most likely German become only 2nd in group F. If Brazil topped group E, a clash at Top 16 with German is on. Too early for them. With maintaining a draw, Brazil has some strategic option to be used later whether they want to top group E or not.
|# of Tips||Correct Tip||Correct Score||Percentage|
Group E 1st Match
Will Brazil throw Serbia to Germany? Let us see the plot reveal in the next few weeks …