Group B is awesome. Two behemoths of football, Portugal and Spain live here. For sure, they will be the dominant topics of Group B Highlights. No disrespect to Morocco and Iran, but unless there is a giant scandal, we will not hear much from them. Welcome to the 1st round of Group B highlight.
Group B Highlight
Morocco vs Iran
With the star of Ajax, Hakim Ziyech, Juventus’s Medhi Benatia and top scorer Khalid Boutaib, Morocco qualified to the world cup without losing a single match (just draw and win). Iran, on the other hand, is lacking any star European player. Can Ehsan Hajsafi from Greek’s Olympiacos inspire the team to the top? Technically, both team roughly are at the same level. Morocco probably can win if they can steal a goal early. But both team need to practice good defensive ahead of the match with Portugal and Spain. I call this a draw 1 – 0 for Morocco.
- The match was not boring. Morocco dominated the match totally with 64% ball possession but failed to break a goal. Morocco deserves a win, but they only have a heartbreaking instead.
- The last minute of the injury time 90’+5, Iran make a cross from the left wing and Bouhaddouz did a perfect header scored the only goal in the match. The problem is, Aziz Bouhaddouz is on Morocco squad. He substituted Kaabi in 77′. Own goal tragedy.
- And practically, Morocco is out of contention – unless they make a win and a draw against Spain or Portugal – a mammoth task to perform!
The highlight of the match:
Portugal vs Spain
The first blockbuster clash of the world cup 2018. However, I would believe both teams will preserve energy and make sure nobody gets injured or carded. Cristiano Ronaldo and team knows the opponent well, and vice versa. But good to observed how David De Gea, Isco, etc are performing after all the scandal involving the sack of the Spanish Coach just 1 day before the world cup.
We would likely witness the first draw of the world cup. Portugal 0 – Spain 0.
- It was astonishing entertainment of football. To great nation battle it out with all they got. This like already a final match!
- Christiano Ronaldo made a hattrick: all 3 goals and confirm his superstar status. He was known to never score a goal against Spain. And he proves everybody wrong with best possible way. The third goal was awesome: the classic banana kick from a free kick – very hard to predict.
- In Spain side, Diego Costa booked 2 goals and 1 goal done by Nacho.
- Interesting to see though that Spain is actually dominating the ball possession (61%!)
The highlight of the games:
|# of Tips||Correct Tip||Correct Score||Percentage|
Group B after 1st match
- Iran top the table, need 1 win to secure their historic Top 16 qualification.
- Morocco is faced with going home early if facing another lost.